The constant Ka is the amplitude sensitivity of the modulator or the transmitter. The percentage of modulation will depend on the absolute value of Ka*m(t). If the absolute value of Ka*m(t) is less or equal to 1 for all t, then the percentage of modulation is less than or equal to 100%. However, if the absolute value of Ka*m(t) is greater than 1 for some t, then the percent of modulation is in excess of 100% or over modulation.
In this video you will learn :-
- Importance of Amplitude Sensitivity.
- Effect of Amplitude sensitivity on the output of envelop detector.
- Decide the suitable value of Amplitude sensitivity.
- Advantages and disadvantages of Amplitude Modulation.
- The variable Ka and its importance.