I am writing this post specially for the students who waste their time using facebook. Everyone know that facebook is the most popular #SocialNetworking site. When I see kids, teens and others wasting his/her time on facebook, I feel bad. When I was pursuing B.Tech. in 2002, #Internet was not available easily. I had to travel 2-3 km on bicycle and had to pay 20-25 Rs. per hour.
At that time I was crazy about #animation and want to learn it at any cost, but there was no institution in Agra (My hometown). If internet would have been available full time, I would have learned Animation. These student can use the time in learning & sharing with the world that they waste in using facebook.
At the very least you can share your creative work with the world while using internet. There are many benefits of sharing your work with the world and facebook is not the only way to share your work on internet. In this post I will tell you about some websites that will help you share your work with the world. So with out talking much let’s come to the point, hope this will be beneficial for you.
1. Blogger and WordPress – If you like to write poem, story or articles like this that help others to learn something in that case please do not keep your creative work only in diaries, make one #blog for you either using #blogger or #wordpress for free and share your creativity with the world. You can learn both of these platform on LBW Blogging. You can see my blog for example “योगेन्द्र पाल की सूचना प्रोद्यौगिकी डायरी“.
2. Flickr and Picasa – #flickr is a webservice provided by Yahoo and picasa is a webservice provided by google. Both gives you the facility to upload your photo, if photography is your hobby, you can share your photographs with the world. Not only your photographs but you can also share your paint document, photoshop work and other graphics with the world.
3. Slideshare – #Slideshare provides a way to share your slides to the world. It doesn’t matter whether you use powepoint or open-office or some other software to create slide. If you have created a good slide please share it with the world. In some other post I will tell you a way to create kuch hat ke presentations. You can check Learn By Watch slides here.
4. youtube – Who don’t know about #YouTube, this is the best way to share your videos. If you have created animation movie or edited a movie in movie maker, share it with the world using youtube. You can check Learn By Watch YouTube channel here.
5. issue – #issue provides you a platform where you can share your #magazines. You can use scribus, a open source software, to create your own magazine. You can also use Indesign to create magazines. Check Learn By Watch’s magazine here.
Should we stop using facebook?
I hope that you will start using the above given website and encourage your friends to use these websites.